Okay, so this April I partook in a thing called Script Frenzy. Remember Nanowrimo, anyone? Script Frenzy, or Screnzy, is exactly the same, only you write a script instead of a book. The main differences:
- A script instead of a book (Just said that, duh)
- You have a PAGE count goal, not a WORD count goal
- It takes place in APRIL not NOVEMBER
- You have more choices than just what genre it is. You can also choose what type of script it is (Example: Movie, Play, Comic book, etc.)
Got those out, now for some similarities!
- It’s still writing!
- It still has some awesome how-to’s and forums!
- You can adjust your goal!
- Both of them have a main site on which you have to write 100 pages or get 50,000 words!
- A lot of other stuff!
Now that I’ve told you a bit about Screnzy, back to what I did for it! Here’s some F.A.Q about my Screnzy experience!
- What was my script? It was a fantasy graphic novel!
- Did I make it? With a goal of 50 pages, YES!
- Did I have fun? YOU BET!
- Are you going do it again next year? UH HUH!
- Which do you like better, Nano or Screnzy? I loved them both equally!
- What was your Script about? A teenage girl who finds out about this sort of alternate universe thingy that has all sorts of monsters, and that she needs to take care of them by learning to use her magical talent, and in the process learn all she can about them!
- Are you going to publish your script? I doubt it, but maybe someday!
- What was your favorite part of the Screnzy site? Hard to tell, but probably the forums!
- Do you think you’ll do a graphic novel/comic next year, too? Probably not, script writing is still new to me, so I want to branch out and explore as many nooks and crannies of it as I can!
If you have any more questions, just ask in the comments, I’ll answer as soon as possible! By the way, will post updates on the site, SOON!