The Homeschooled Kids Blog Carnival is up! Just drop by Alice the Bunny’s post Homeschooled Kids Blog Carnival # 17 Poems and Rabbits. My post NanoWriMo is included, if you read far enough.
Here’s some updates:
- It’s snowing on my blog! *though you probably already noticed*
- I changed my theme *Which you’ve also probably noticed already* to give it a more wintery theme and also so the snow shows up better.
- I will be trying to work a little on my blog each day, so hopefully I’ll be posting something more often.
- As far as people per week, my lower stats seem to be higher in the last twelve weeks. Except for the last two in which I didn’t post very much (of course, since this week just started, it doesn’t count).
- Writing these is getting boring! So I’m going end with this one: I did amazingly win Nanowrimo. Though I thought I was to late because I got the 29th and the 30th mixed up, lol XD.
Okay. That’s all for this post. Posting again soon (I hope)!
The 18th Homeschool blog carnival is up with a sleep-over theme. Enjoy this blog carnival at Let’s Call It A Journey. My post “Looney Tunes – Left Brained” is included.
WHOOP WHOOP! THIS IS MY SIXTIETH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And guess what, if you are the next person to comment on my blog, it will be my 200th comment! Give me my 200th comment and I’ll do something. That something is unknown. Oh well! 😛
(For Blogging Challenge #1)
Why should people visit my blog? That is the question — and here’s the answer: Because they want to! Why should they want to? Maybe because they like hearing about the funny or interesting things that happen in my life, or because they enjoy my stories. I believe everyone should have their own reason for doing something, even if it matches someone else’s reason!
Heyyo. It’s time for the 17th Homeschool Blogs By Kids Carnival, and guess what? I’m hosting it!
So here are a few summer-y tales and ideas for you:
Campfire tales . . .
You know those nights where you invite some friends over, put up a bonfire, eat hot dogs, roast marshmallows, and maybe tell some ghost stories? Well, these might not be ghost stories, but they’re just as good!
- Keibug tells about her dog, her Fourth of July, and shares some poems in Nomad,The 4,and Poems.
- Katelyn describes an unfortunate morning where she learns a couple of lessons: In which I learn not to put your alarm clock on the bedpost of your top bunkbed 🙂.
- Captain Jinx shares his thoughts about the season in Season Poems!
Winter Memories . . .
What about those days when it’s so hot that you wish for the cold of winter? I know I get them! Well, I may not be able to hurry up the seasons, but you can always just think of winter fun!
- Here’s the latest installment of a story I started last winter: My winter wonder land (part four).
Friendly visits . . .
What about those summer field trips? Going to friends’ houses or to museums? To water parks? To another state or country!? Well, how about going back in time with these bloggers?
- Twilie takes us on a journey Off to Oregon.
- Elijah posts a Review on Abraham Lincoln.
- Alex and Leperdy are Learning About The Battle Of Hastings.
Bike rides and other activities . . .
Summer is a time to be running around outside, breathing the fresh air, and playing with friends. It’s a time to be happy and active! Well, here you can find some activities to keep your heart pumping ;)!
- Nate finishes telling how to play “Wink” in Weird Part 4. (For the whole story, check out parts 1, 2, & 3.)
- Araya tells what she’s been doing with the horse Dandy in A Day in the Life … Riding Dandy!
Crafty Summer Crafts . . .
What about those rainy days? Or those days when you get sick (UGH!)? Or those days when it seems just too hot to go out? When it feels like there is nothing to do? Well here are some crafts to take your mind off moping and give you some fun!
- Siopaospawn shares what he did for the Homeschool Bazaar in Finger Knitted Scarves.
- Akane shows off some great art skills in Ryu.
- Katelyn shares a nifty creation in Happy Fathers Day Dad!
Summer science . . .
What about nature? Don’t leave it out of the game! Summer is a time to go exploring in the woods to check out the animals and plants. Some nature will even come to you — I got the bug bites to prove it ;). Or you can always get colorful with chemistry, too! Check out some of these science tricks:
- Story Girl shares some neat nature pictures in Pictures.
- Vienna goes green in Go Green Blog!
- Benny explores dog food in A little dog food chemistry.
- Daniel Dude takes a walk along some water’s edge and finds a couple of Eels.
. . . And other fun stuff!
Then there is the miscellaneous summer stuff! Like these:
- Mental Weight tells of his plans for summer in What I Want to Do this Summer.
- Taylor shares a neat movie he made, in alien invasion.
- Curly Ben says I don’t like grammar.
- Gecko talks about July 6th.
- Buttercup talks about poems and books in Written Words.
- Amber talks about her photography experiences in The Photo Award.
To read more about the homeschooled kids blog carnival, go to homeschooling-ideas.com
To get one of the carnival buttons for your blog, click here.
To submit a post for the next carnival, go to blogcarnival.com.
WOO!!!!! I, Princess Kitten, have now been blogging for three years (a little more, as I didn’t make my blog and my post of “hello world” at exactly 8:37, and that is the time I’m posting this ;)).
Here are some other anniversaries (most probably not today) that you may celebrate:
- Jesus Christ being born (many people celebrate Christmas, even if they aren’t Christian).
- Your birthday.
- Fellow family members’ birthdays.
- Friends’ birthdays.
- Jesus Christ coming back to life (many people celebrate Easter, even if they aren’t Christian).
- Our country’s freedom (July 4th).
- And a married couple celebrate their wedding anniversary.
What other holidays/anniversaries do you celebrate?
Well, anyways: I hope you stay with my blog through the ups and downs (writer’s block/not paying attention to my blog/only being able to think of boring ideas, and floods of ideas that I somehow get all/most of out to you, my readers) for many years to come!
Okee-doke ya’ll. Turns out that super-powered home-school carnival is up and it has my post — Cops and Robbers — was in it! But that was only one, so explore the rest at: Dewey’s Tree House.
Well! A couple days ago the homeschooled kids carnival went up and my post, “My winter wonderland,” was in it; along with a few other entertaining posts from many other blogs, including those of my blogging class class-mates (see my post “Bloggers Ed 101“).
So click here to go and look around the fifteenth home schooled kid carnival, there’s sure to be things for everyone! Someone even put something about the history of cotton in it!